What I Love : April
Well, we skipped March, and it’s well-documented that I have no words for actual blogging right now, so how about a list to kick April off? Because who doesn’t love avoidance with a side of slacking?
What I’m Loving This Month
1. 2048 // My tea is cold, no work has been done, and I have barely moved a muscle since dinner. All because of this ridiculous game. People. This is why I don’t play online games. The competitive streak kills me every time. Every time. If you are looking for me, I’ll be up until sunrise trying to beat this stupid thing. (Seriously. I’ve been working on this post for hours because I keep stopping to go back and play again.)
2. Amber Mozo // I am in full-fledged stalker mode. This girl is so talented.
3. Frozen Banana Protein Whip // With slightly warmer temperatures and slightly more physical activity comes my favorite anytime meal: 1 frozen banana + 1 scoop vanilla protein powder + a few tablespoons of milk + some rolled oats, whipped up for a few minutes in a food processor and topped with berries.
4. Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Larabars // I caved and started buying them by the box. It’s just easier that way.
5. Ellie Holcomb // Soundtrack for every morning: Ellie Holcomb’s new full-length album As Sure As The Sun.
6. Underwater // Featured at the end of last week’s episode of Parenthood – and beyond being the absolute perfect song choice for the moment, it’s just a great song.
7. Cafe Santo Domingo // A little piece of the Dominican Republic to get each day off to a good start.
9. Mango // I may or may not have emerged from Trader Joe’s with four bags of dried mango last Sunday.
10. C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve Lip Balm // The only lip balm that has worked effectively throughout a long and cold winter. Plus, it smells amazing.
Ok, kids. Your turn. What are you all up to this month? Any favorites to share?
P.s. My friend Jess launched her new website this week (and it’s beautiful!) and she’s doing a giveaway of her favorite things to celebrate. If you like Sharpies and coffee (and really, who doesn’t?), you should go check it out!